Central to the success of Macquarie Group (being Macquarie Group Limited and its related bodies corporate globally) is our commitment to our clients. We honour without reservation our obligation to respect and protect the privacy of the personal information of individuals with whom we deal.
The information we collect
Whenever it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we only collect information about you directly from you.
We only collect personal information about you which is reasonably necessary to:
- provide you with quality products or services
- consider applications and approaches you make to us
- maintain your contact details
- fulfil our legal obligations under applicable laws and rules, such as those relating to Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing.
We generally hold personal information relating to:
- the products and services we provide or have provided to you
- your financial interests and sometimes your financial position
- your contact details.
We do not generally collect sensitive information about you unless required by applicable laws or rules. Sensitive information includes information relating to:
- political or religious beliefs
- sexual preferences
- criminal convictions
- membership of professional or trade associations or unions
- health information.
We collect health information where we offer products with an insurance component to our customers. We do not use or share that information for any purpose other than the underwriting or administration of a customer's policy, claim or account, or as otherwise disclosed to the customer when the information was collected.
How that information is used
We only use and disclose personal information about you for the purpose for which it was disclosed to us or related purposes which would reasonably be expected without your permission.
For example, we may from time to time use your personal information to inform you of investment opportunities or to provide information about products and services which we expect may be of interest to you. However, we do respect your right to ask us not to do this.
We do not sell personal information to other organisations to allow them to do this.
We may share personal information inside the Macquarie Group, and may disclose personal information outside the Macquarie Group:
- as required by applicable laws or rules, such as those relating to Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing
- to service providers in, or outside of, Australia who provide services in connection with our products and services
- to your nominated financial adviser with your permission.
Laws and rules regarding the use of personal information may vary by jurisdiction. Macquarie Group complies with applicable laws and rules in the relevant jurisdiction.
Keeping information accurate and up to date
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information we hold is as accurate as is possible. You are able to contact us at any time and ask for its correction if you feel the information we have about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
Ensuring easy access to the site for all users is important to us - so please contact us if you have difficulties using this site or if you have any further questions or comments.
Keeping information secure
We use security procedures and the latest technology to protect the information we hold. Access to and use of personal information within Macquarie Group is appropriately limited to prevent misuse or unlawful disclosure of the information.
If other organisations provide support services, we require them to appropriately safeguard the privacy of the information provided to them.
Where the personal information we collect is no longer required, we delete the information or permanently de-identify it.
How you can access your information
You can contact us to request access to your information. In normal circumstances we will give you full access to your information. However, there may be some legal or administrative reasons to deny access. If access is denied, we will provide you with the reason why.
A 'cookie' is a packet of information placed on a user's computer by a website for record keeping purposes. Cookies are generally used on Macquarie Group sites to:
- manage advertising - we use advertising companies to deliver our online advertising. When you see one of our ads on a third party website, cookies are sometimes used to collect information about what pages you visit and the type of software you are using
- traffic monitoring - we use tracking companies to gather information about how people are using the Macquarie site, this information includes time of visit, pages visited, and some system information about the type of computer you are using. We use this information to enhance the content and services offered on the site.
Cookies may also be used for other purposes on Macquarie Group sites but in each case none of the information collected can be used to personally identify you.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. (Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences).
Dealing with Macquarie Group online
If you visit a Macquarie Group website to browse, read or download information, our system will log these movements. These web site logs are not personally identifiable and Macquarie Group makes no attempt to link them with the individuals who browse the site.
Your account information is password protected and we recommend you do not divulge your password to anyone. To further protect your personal information, your log-in time will automatically expire after a certain period of inactivity.
Macquarie Group cannot guarantee or accept responsibility for the privacy practices or the content of web sites to which we provide links.